Dialup transfer rates

Graham Martin gcmartin at tsn.cc
Sun Aug 28 22:37:50 UTC 2005

>>Hi all,
>>in the mornings Gkrellm shows my dial up transfer rates to remain
>>reasonably constant
>>between 3.5/kbs and 5.0/kbs. In the evening after 7.00pm the rate
spikes
>>(for want of a better term)
>>very severely from 5 down to 0/kbs, and remains on 0  up to 30secs. or
>>more. My Isp says this can't happen
>>
>>I can live with a slower speed if it remains constant, but have been
>>losing downloads when it drops back to 0.

Hi Winton,
I had the same thing happen to me this morning using Hoary my download
speed was (1.1 kbs to 0) so I tried Warty on the same machine and the
download speed was (4.4 to 3.4 kbs) I have Warty and Hoary and Mepis3.3
on the same machine. I mostly use Warty I haven't been using Hoary just
checking it out. So the problem must be in Hoary or the setup.

Regards Graham.

PS. My last email to you came back undelivered.

Sent to you using Ubuntu Linux, Evolution Mail and Firefox browser.

You can find out more about Ubuntu and about this release candidate on
our website, IRC channel and wiki. If you're new to Ubuntu, please
visit:  http://www.ubuntu.com/