using background images in breezy

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Sun Aug 28 09:10:48 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 22:21 -0400, Seth Hasani wrote:
> <quote who="Jim Richardson" on Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 04:55:34PM EDT>
>
> > Is there a way to configure GNOME/Nautilus to allow me to rt click on an
> > image and select "use for background image" or something similar? I can
> > fire up the System->Preferences->Desktop Background, and use that, but
> > that's a bit convoluted.
> >
> Try the SetWallpaper nautilus-script:
> http://g-scripts.sourceforge.net/cat-sysconfig.php
>
> Seth

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately, all it does is remove whatever image
I am using, and give me a blank background, but this scripting thing
looks rather intersting. Is there a way to have the scripts
in .gnome2/nautilus-scripts only show up in the context menu for the
relevent filetypes? ie, rt click on an image, you get the scripts that
are applicable to an image?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't
help. -- Calvin