Breezy, beagle and Evolution

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Sun Aug 28 08:59:46 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 13:34 +1000, Peter Lieverdink wrote:
> You can check that Evolution mail is set to be indexed with one of the
> beagle-index-info (or somesuch) tools. it certainly can index Evolution
> mail. Mine has indexed about 40,000 mails spread over 3 IMAP servers and
> happily searches all of them.
>
> I did, however, initially set BEAGLE_EXCERCISE_THE_DOG=1 (check docs for
> exact syntax) before I started the indexer on its first run, to *force*
> it to index my entire homedir.
>
> This *will* slow your machine down quite a lot, but you could for
> instance run it overnight. (Like we used to do with kernel compiles in
> 1993 ;-)

I think I found the problem, I deleted the ~/.beagle directory, and it
seems to be working fine now, I think I had played around with Beagle a
while ago, and probably stuffed something up in there that was breaking
it. It's happily indexing now, I think. I will have to see how it goes.

I'd explain it all to you, but your brain would explode.