[MOTU] Need updated versions of packages... where to ask ?

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Sat Aug 27 11:08:07 UTC 2005

Hi Vincent,

Am Samstag, den 27.08.2005, 11:30 +0200 schrieb Vincent Trouilliez:
> > No Checkinstall is the wrong way. It may help you for now, but not for
> > the upload to breezy universe.
> > After all, please join #ubuntu-motu at freenode (IRC) and ask for updating
> > this package.
> > Right now, the MOTU Universe needs a lot of love to come to a stable
> > release. So please help us to achieve this goal :)
>
> Well okay, why not. I will cut my teeth on this package I am interested
> in, and if I feel confident enough with the process of making deb
> packages, maybe I will try and package more stuff...

Yeah, you're welcome to join the MOTU world :)

> > Finally, you can file a bug on Malone (http://launchpad.net/malone) for
> > this package and we have a note that this package needs some love as
> > well.
>
> Problem is that AVRDUDE is not in the repos so can't file anything in
> Malone sadly. The repo have the 'avrprog' package which I believe is a
> very old version of avrdude, but not entirely sure, as I checked the
> change log of AVRDUDE on their site, and I couldn't match any of their
> old version and authors/dev names, with the info I found in the man page
> of avrprog from the repo, strangely...

So it seems it's a NEW package which has to hit the universe. This will
be quite difficult right now with the MOTU workload.
But if you can package the upstream source and provide good packages, we
will review them and finally it will hit the universe...(latest breezy
+1).

Regards,

\sh