Limewire does not start

Seth Hasani sepheebear at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 07:23:31 UTC 2005

<quote who="Charles Yao" on Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 02:38:20AM EDT>

> I tried it and it simply said :
>
> No alternatives for java.

Well it was worth a shot. What's the error message exactly when you run
runLime.sh from a shell?

> > Im on hoary, do you think there is a difference?

On Hoary Limewire just worked IIRC. The only tweak I had to do was in
running the script runLime.sh. Apparently you had to be inside the directory
when you ran it in order for it to run correctly. So to execute it from the
Gnome menubar I used the command "cd ~/opt/LimeWire/;~/opt/LimeWire/runLime.sh"

I just d/l'ed LW 4.9 from their site and it ran fine for me with no problems
under Breezy. Sorry, no more Hoary to test.

Seth