New newbie

john levin john at technolalia.org
Fri Aug 26 16:19:57 UTC 2005

Stephen Bennett wrote:

> Thanks. Windows sees 13 folders and a number of files, including Start.
> Can you tell me from where I could download the ISO file. As I said I am
> very new to this. And thank you, I have no idea what a stupid question
> might be. There are only questions. And stupid people, of course.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I didn't see your original post. Are
you using a cd you downloaded and burnt yourself, or one of the
'official' Ubuntu cds?
Judging from your email address, you're in the UK, so if you want a cd
set, e me and I'll put one in the post. (I can also test it to make sure
it boots up on one of my machines.)

John