Questions

Ciaran Mac Lochlainn ciaran at meritsolutions.ie
Fri Aug 26 12:00:32 UTC 2005

Hi all, I've installed Ubuntu on a work server and I have a few
questions as I am new to Ubuntu and to debian based distros in general.

I have installed Ubuntu 5.04 on a server which has a Specialix io8 card
installed.  The card appears when I type "lspci" but the operating
system does not appear to support it.  The /dev/cuw* device nodes ahve
not been created, and the kernel module specialix.o (or specialix.ko) is
not present on the server.

Can I download the specialix module for this release?

The server also has a Travan tape drive installed, but there is no
device /dev/ht0 to access it.  Is /dev/ht0 the correct device name for
an IDE tape drive under Ubuntu?

Regards

Ciarán

--
Ciarán Mac Lochlainn                      Senior Software Developer
Merit Solutions                    Claregalway, Co. Galway, Ireland

"Awk: a strange programming language used by UNIX nerds to perform
 an amazing array of tasks."  (Unix for Dummies, p.18)