update - repositories

R.L. Reingard reingard at hispeed.ch
Fri Aug 26 11:29:28 UTC 2005

hi Alain,
to me your sources.list looks a little messed up. some repos are double
mentioned in the list ?!
for general updates you only need (default ones ??): hoary main
restricted, hoary-updates main restricted and hoary-security main
restricted.
so check how many downloads you get, if you only use them.
i personaly always disable other repositories, unless i do need to update
stuff which i got from somewhere else. this has one reason: once i did had
enabled some more repos and did all the available downloads, and guess
what, my machine was not anymore running well.
regards,
René

## main repository

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ hoary main restricted
#deb-src http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted

# major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
distribution.

deb http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-updates main restricted
#deb-src http://ch.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary-updates main restricted

## main security updates