[MOTU] Need updated versions of packages... where to ask ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Aug 26 11:01:17 UTC 2005

Dear MOTU team,

I am just about to start developing on Atmel AVR 8 bit microcontrollers,
and noticed that some of the packages in universe that I need, are very
very very old... what is the official formal procedure to ask for them
to be updated ?

This web page : http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/ lists all the
tools/packages that form the tool chain for AVR chips.

I am most interested in seeing avr-libc updated as it seems very old in
Synaptic. Also, I would need 'avrdude' (programmer). In synaptic there
are 'avrp' and 'avrprog' but I think that the former is obsolete and the
latter is a very old version of the avr-dude (it got renamed) that I
will need.
The latest gcc-avr would be good, too.

Thanks much in advance ! :o)

Regards,