Firestarter-Help

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Aug 25 18:04:05 UTC 2005

Vram wrote:

> Hi
>
> I decided to install firestarter last night..   Then after messing with
> it  for 30 minutes I thought.  Gee I really don't understand what all
> this is doing.  Maybe I should read the manual..
>

> So this morning I notice that the other two computers cannot connect to
> the Internet...
>
> So firestarter is shutoff.  Or so I thought but, my other two computers
> cannot connect.
>
> So I need a quick answer rather than a long one.   I know read the
> manual...

iptables -F
iptables -L

What's it say?  Probably something like:
Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP)

In which case firestarter has left you with a closed firewall.  But we can't
give you any quick answers if we don't know what firewall rules you have in
place.
--
derek