Serial port multiplexing

Rahul Tank rahul5311 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Aug 25 12:10:33 UTC 2005

 Hello ,

    I am trying for serial port multiplexing.
Currently my driver supports for one port
(/dev/ttyS0). However i want to use the same physical
port for 2 virtual ports.I am NOT sending two type of
data simultaneously. I want to first reigister my
driver for /dev/ttyS0. When the kernel  has booted ,i
want to disable it. Then i want to enable the driver
to register for say /dev/ttyS1.
  in short i don't want the console to have controle
over the serial port.
  The point of doing such is that i want my serial
port to be free. I can telnet to this potr from other
machine and test few stuff. i hope i have properly
mentioned my problem.

 plz let me know how should i proceed.
 thanks in advance.

 regards,