Tranferring vinyl records to dvd

carsten lange milkthemilk at redmilk.de
Thu Aug 25 07:03:04 UTC 2005

> Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:19:01 -0400
> From: volvoguy <volvoguy at gmail.com>
>
> On 8/23/05, squareyes <squareyes at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I imagine he would need a recording application, (files in would be .wav
>> files I imagine).
>> A converter to CD tracks. New to me too.
>
> Not to be mister negative, because I seriously hope open-source audio
> apps will be at least up to par with proprietary apps someday. This is
> one of those "still need to boot into OS X/Windows" deals for me (and
> my brother with an audio engineering degree). I've been doing digital

I disagree - it's not necessary to leave your favorite OS to do high
quality audio mastering.

Some hints:

AGNULA/DeMuDi is a Linux Distribution for musicians and audio engineerers.
It's based on Debian Etch and Ubuntu Hoary. You can use the
DeMuDi-repositories with your Ubuntu-install and simply apt-get.

http://www.agnula.org (homepage out of date)
http://demudi.agnula.org (current homepage - with download links)

Another page:

http://www.linux-sound.org/

An excellent overview of "Sound & MIDI Software For Linux"

I must admit that many Linux audio tools are not well documented but
nevertheless they exist and are usable after a bit learning.

/carsten.