Networking : how to bridge two NICs to share internet access ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Aug 25 05:55:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 23:19 -0600, Luis Murillo wrote:
> ok, lets see, I've read the whole thread and think that it became a bit
> confusing for the new user.

Luis, thanks ! :o)

Your mail was very informative, useful and clear, you must be a
teacher ;-)

It's all clear for me now I think :

1) for my quick internet sharing experiment with my buddy's laptop this
week, I will just use a cross-over cable and "firestarter" (I tried it,
it's soooo easy to set-up, just click and run ! :o)

2) later, when I actually come round to building a home network, I will
buy a switch (sounds like it's sufficient from your description) and
some cables...

I think I am sorted now, thanks to everybody who took the time help me,
much appreciated ! :o)

Regards,

--
Vince