Toshiba laptop - unable to start GDM

ME Rousseau merous at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 23:59:40 UTC 2005

I had a similar problem with my Toshiba Laptop.

Couldn't get xorg.conf right after lots of attempts using both the X
tools provided or manual edits, so I fixed it using a lazy-guy
method...
Booted from Knoppix CD, grabbed xorg.conf (assuming X starts fine with
Knoppix), replaced the one on my Ubuntu install, worked fine never had
a problem since.

Marc