When to file a bug?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Aug 24 22:24:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 10:16:56AM +0200, Søren Hauberg wrote:
>Hi,
>I've got Hoary installed on my parents machine. On this (rather new) machine I
>had to add a module (currently can't remember which) to /etc/hotplug/blacklist
>in order to have (usb) automounting work.
>
>Things work now, so I'm a bit unsure if I should file a bug on this.

I bet it was one of a host controller, uhci_hcd or ehci_hcd.

File a bug! I think it's a bug to load two host controllers when they
obviously can't handle being loaded at the same time.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

We didn't do this with just a pencil and some paper. Lots of our notes
are in pen. We didn't need to erase much.
      -- Tim Hollebeek and John Viega, on breaking defective crypto in
         Netscape's mail password saver