v2311us

Nathan Howell nathan at crapbox.org
Wed Aug 24 02:14:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:14:30 -0300, Gutemberg A. Vieira wrote:

> * Jack Jackson (jackson.linux at gmail.com) wrote:
>>
>> Go to the HP website and determine the exact wireless card you have;
>> then come back and tell us and we'll help! If you can't find the
>> produuct spec page, go on the HP live chat feature and ask  - they'll
>

> I got it there,
>
> 54g 802.11b/g WLAN with 125HSM* / SpeedBooster and BroadRange support
>
> thanks,
> Guto

That's a broadcom chip, but I can't remember the number at the moment. I
started a thread here recently about a similar laptop, and I got the
wireless working with ndiswrapper and XP drivers from the compaq/hp site.
Not sure if it works for the 64 bit system though... I had (briefly) a 32
bit one.

Nathan