can you recomend me a lightweight Linux distribution.

Jonathan Saylor jvsaylor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 00:53:10 UTC 2005

well, matlab is a rather hog, running on that laptop might be a problem
in and of itself, everything else ubuntu can fit the bill for, just dont
use gnome or kde.  commonbox is rather nice (thats blackbox fluxbox etc)
all lightweight and use very little resources. there is xfce4 which is
rather lightweight (in comparision) etc.  and ubuntu can be as large or
small as you want it by removing or adding applications.

Jon