KDE Ubuntu vs. Kubuntu?

Troy Williams troywill1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 18:05:02 UTC 2005

On Tuesday August 23 2005 12:12 pm, Tab Gilbert wrote:
> >I'd like to be able to boot with a choice of Gnome and KDE, but
> >don't want to mess up anything on my fully functioning Gnome >Ubuntu
>
> installation!
>
> Being a newbie I would love to try it also but it still makes cautious
> when I have got a nice little working Ubuntu system myself.  I guess I
> am waiting for the "little light above my head to go on" before doing
> it.  Is there a screenshot somewhere of what the "session" choices
> looks like?
>
> tab
> Outer Bubbaistan

Go for it.  Everything will be ok.  Just install kubuntu-desktop from Synaptic
to get Kubuntu KDE (or just pull KDE by itself) or install whatever WM you
want.  The WMs will show up in the session menu in GDM (login screen).

Troy
--
Troy Williams
GPG Key: 1024D/FACE63E3 2005-04-20 Troy Williams (Gmail Account Key)