DVD distribution..

Manu Abraham manu at linuxtv.org
Tue Aug 23 14:32:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

As a member of DubaiLUG [1], one of the LUG's in UAE (the LUG itself is
completely free of any commercial vendor sponsorship), we have a plan to
distribute 5000 copies of a Linux distribution to schools and colleges.
As discussions progressed, we finally ended up with Ubuntu (Hoary
Hedgehog) or Knoppix.

Now, this event is a sponsored one, by many organizations.
Being a sponsored event, we will be going in for DVD manufacturing of
our own, as sponsors require many ad's on top of the disc as well as on
the CD sleeve, as well as ads in soft-copy format.

If we do so with Hoary Hedgehog, will we be treading upon any issues ? A
question that i would like to get it cleared before we go into finalization.

Hope someone can clear up my thoughts, if things do not look too bright.