Queake III Arena problem

Jonathan Saylor jvsaylor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 20:50:05 UTC 2005

Pablo,

    I would follow what Ulrich says, I have not tested the ATI gl
drivers in awhile so I dont know if the issue could be a result of
those.  However if you have done everything Ulrich states and it still
fails to run at normal speed I would take a peak at the processor, I do
not know everything about those Pentium M's and the kernel work that has
been done on them, but what I do know is that they are a basically
stripped down P4s with emphisis on mobility and power saving
functionality. (This may not be completely accurate but its what I was
led to believe)

I run Q3A on a P4 Xeon 2.8 with ATI 9000 (its running a hybrid distro
running ubuntu libs) without fail

Jon