new motherboard - reinstall ubuntu?

thephotoman rantman_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 00:18:54 UTC 2005

For future reference, you can keep everything in /home if you've got
that as a separate partition--I always do that on my systems.  It'd
handle most of those modified config files, but not the binaries (unless
you installed them with fakeroot--which might be a good idea, especially
if you are the only user on your system and your /home partition is much
larger than your root file system or /usr/bin partition.