sylpheed-2.0 backport for Hoary. Where can I download debs?

Kiryl Nieviarouski k.nieviarouski at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 22:20:06 UTC 2005

albi wrote:
>>I am just curiose if somebody has already compiled
>>sylpheed-2.0 for Hoary?
>>
>>I would love to use it, but it seems like backport guyes
>>will not
>>backport it since sylpheed is not going to be included in
>>Breezy :-/
>

> since a few days i'm using sylpheed 2.0 with ubuntu hoary
>  afair this is how i've done that :
>
> 1) add the debian unstable src-deb to /etc/apt/sources.list
> 2) sudo apt-get update
> 3) sudo apt-get -t unstable build-dep sylpheed
> 4) sudo apt-get -t unstable -b source sylpheed
> 5) sudo dpkg -i  sylpheed*deb

I am getting following error:

redrum at eire:~$ sudo apt-get -t unstable -b source sylpheed
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Need to get 3556kB of source archives.
Get:1 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main sylpheed 2.0.0-1 (dsc) [882B]
Get:2 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main sylpheed 2.0.0-1 (tar)
[3524kB]
Get:3 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main sylpheed 2.0.0-1 (diff)
[31.1kB]
Fetched 3B in 0s (4B/s)
Skipping unpack of already unpacked source in sylpheed-2.0.0
dpkg-parsechangelog: error: cannot open debian/changelog to find format:
No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: unable to determine source package
Build command 'cd sylpheed-2.0.0 && dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc' failed.
E: Child process failed
redrum at eire:~$

Any suggestion?