Creating PDF on Ubuntu

Andy Choens gunksta at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 10:34:27 UTC 2005

> OpenOffice gives you an option to export your file as a PDF. (I know for
> sure in Writer and Calc, probably all of the programs in the suite)

This is true, but there is one thing to watch out for.  When you write
something for export to PDF, pay close attention to the fonts you
choose to use.  If you're planning on sending the PDF to someone else
running Linux, then I suggest using an Adobe or Bitstream Font.  If
you are sending your PDF to someone on Windows, I would use Adobe OR
Windows fonts.  I've had some PDFs fail (made with OOo) on Windows
because I didn't pay attention to this.  When I pay attention to this
little detail, everything works fine.

--andy