Repos for Add-ons

manou amimusa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 20:05:43 UTC 2005

Hi, I'm trying to install some add-ons on my ubuntu distro.

I change the sources.list to be similar from ubuntuguide sources.list.

I also update the backports with deferents mirrors but in some cases I
can't to connect and in other ones I take these Ignore messages.

manou at goldstein:/etc/apt$ sudo apt-get update | grep Ign
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-backports Release.gpg
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-extras Release.gpg
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-backports Release
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-extras Release
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-backports/main Packages
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-backports/universe
Packages
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-backports/multiverse
Packages
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-backports/restricted
Packages
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-extras/main Packages
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-extras/universe Packages
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-extras/multiverse
Packages
Ign http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net hoary-extras/restricted
Packages

When I try to install some add-ons (for example, flashplayer-mozilla or
sun-j2re1.5) I can't find them.

Somebody can assist to me to install this packages since I think they
have to be in some repo ... ¿?

My last source.list is the same from http://paste.ubuntulinux.nl/38

Thank you very much for your time.

Another philosophic question... do you think is good for us to install
non-free programs in our GNU/Linux system ¿?

Bu one hand I think that I don't have to install non-free programs to be
coherent with myself, but by other hand flash-pluggin, java-support,
some video and music codecs,... are facilities that are hard to reject.