Transferring data

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Sat Aug 20 11:20:26 UTC 2005

In the old days, when I wanted to transfer data from one machine to
another, I copied that data to a floppy disc and, where I can do this, I
still do. The data on that disc can be added to, erased or stored for
posterity. This works well with data taking up around 1Mb and is
satisfactory for many office requirements. However, file sizes have
grown, with a single photograph often taking up over 2Mb. So, tell me
please, how do I transfer files of this size from 1 machine to another
with the same freedoms that I have with a floppy disc such as erasing
and adding more files.

I expect the reply will be 'use a CD or DVD' which I am more than happy
to do but how can this be done using Ubuntu?

Norman