Extremely slow burning in K3B (Jim McQuiston)

Colin McDermott colmcd at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 20 07:52:37 UTC 2005

>  10. Re: Extremely slow burning in K3B (Jim McQuiston)

On Hdparm. Here is a link to a guide that might help you.
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Use_hdparm_to_improve_IDE_device_performance

See what you can do but I do think that your problems are different.

I personally prefer graveman for cd burning myself. You don't have to
drag in the KDE librarys and I think that Graveman has a very good
interface for burning. I would suggest that you use another program to
burn with just to see if it is a K3B or a Ubuntu or device problem.

Cheers

--
Colin McDermott
Reboot Computer Reuse centre