getting .xsession to run

lol ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sat Aug 20 07:22:35 UTC 2005

If you want to start gnome AND load the .xsession, just add
gnome-session at the end of your .xsession and select "Default System
Session" in Gdm.

On second thought, it seems to be working on my system because I moved
from Debian to Ubuntu and still have some old Debian files, which don't
seems to be present on a standard Ubuntu system.

What I have exactly is the following:

- a file (executable) /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Debian, which content is:

Code:
--------------------
    rufus:/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions# more Debian

  #!/bin/sh

  exec /etc/X11/Xsession

- a symlink from Debian -> default

I am not sure, but I believe that this should be enough to add a new
choice (Default System Session) to Gdm that will load your .xsession
file.

--
lol