Sound problem about SIS mother board, 1039:7012

David Teague davidbteague at verizon.net
Fri Aug 19 15:13:29 UTC 2005

On Friday, July 08, 2005 6:54 AM
Trace Green wrote on the
Subject: Sound problem about SIS mother board, 1039:7012

>I find one kind sound card:
> lspci:
> Silicon Integrated System, it is 1039:7012, in /lib/modules/`uname
> -r`/modules.pcimap, you can find it map to snd-intel8x0, but actually,
> if i use
> this module, sound card would not be drived at all!! If i use
> i810_audio, although, i can hear sound, it seems not be drived totally.
> Does anyone can tell me which sound card driver should i use to driver
> 0x00001039:0x00007012?
> thx!!

I don't know whether the mother board I just acquired (an
SiS760 based Mother Board) is the same as yours.

The sound just works with the Ubuntu 5.04 live CD. I hope
that you can determine the driver that the live CD uses, and
that this helps.

My question is about video setup. If I tell the live CD
system that the video is SiS, it will load  Open Office then
freeze. I can then do nothing but reboot. If I tell it VESA it
works, but none of the features of the card can be used.

What do you use for video? How do you have it
configured? I will ask this question in another post,
including links to partial solutions to the video for this
card.

I'd like some remarks from people actually using this
board.

I hear that SiS recently merged with the Trident people.
>From what I read this company treats its products as
proprietary. They refuse to release any information to driver
writers to the X-Free driver writers.

David
--
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is
being run by smart people who are putting