GDM

Andy Choens gunksta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 07:11:49 UTC 2005

I installed KDE / KDM, and uninstalled GDM as an emperiment.  Well,
I'm switching back, so I removed KDM and apt-got GDM.  But, now when I
boot, I don't get to log in via GDM.  I get nothing but the good old
commandline.

So, I tried this.....

sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm

It reports that everything will be fine when the XServer restarts.
So, I reboot, and I get.....a commandline login.

What gives?  What do I have to do to makde GDM come on automatically again?

It works fine when I start it manually with a sudo gdm......

--andy