installing fonts

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Fri Aug 19 02:39:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 16:24 -0300, Renato Henriques wrote:
> I found a folder under etc which had the name "fonts" although no fonts
> were inside. When I tried to dump in the true type fonts I was told by
> the system that I had not enough priveleges.
>
> How do I install fonts in Linux?

Another way to access the 'fonts:///' location everyone else has
mentioned is to go to System/Preferences/Font
click 'Details'
click 'Go to font folder'

Then just drag your fonts to that folder. You may need to log out and
log in after doing so, but they should be available in your apps from
then on.

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
GPG: http://www.suppressingfire.org/~burner/gpg.key.txt (ID 23A02B1F)