NNTP & Sidebar Patches For Mutt

Hakim Singhji hzs202 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 15:00:54 UTC 2005

> On 8/17/05, Mario Vrablansky <vrablansky at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Add this to /etc/apt/sources.list
> >
> > deb http://therning.org/magnus_apt ./

Ok, I installed mutt-ng however, I've gotten as fars emulating exactly
what my mutt MUA looked like. I've configured what I know... I was
using fetchmail to flush pop servers and procmail to filter. However,
it seems that mutt-ng wants to flush servers in order to received NNTP
articles. How does this work, will fetchmail flush NNTP Servers (I
have never heard of that).

Secondly, I activated the sidebar however it pushes the subject line
all the way to the end of the page, even though the sidebar is only
set for at width of 12. When there is a long subject line it gets cut
off. Is there a way to have Mutt-ng recognize that the subject line is
long and cut its tail and maybe add "..." befor it gets to the end of
the page. This little item really bugs me... the way it looks is
terrible.
--
Hakim Singhji
hzs202 at nyu.edu