Digikam, KDE photomanager?

Arjan Geven arjangeven at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 14:32:39 UTC 2005

Hey Guys,

I found the program Digikam (http://www.digikam.org/) as the KDE alternative
to F-Spot, which seems a bit further on in development. I found it in
Universe and wanted to install it on Hoary, however it didn't install due to
dependency errors:

$ sudo apt-get install digikam results in:
digikam: Depends: libimlib2-dev but it is not going to be installed

$ sudo apt-get install libimlib2-dev results in:
libimlib2-dev: Depends: libimlib2 (= 1.1.2-2.1) but 1.2.1.001-1 is to be
installed

I have the Breezy Backports and Unofficial backports both enabled, but this
library seems not to have been updated yet. Is there any chance that
libimlib2 version 1.2.1.001-1 or higher will be available via repositories?

Thanks,
Arjan