Threaded and deprecated Qt

Douglas Alves alves5 at cantv.net
Wed Aug 17 21:14:37 UTC 2005

Sebastian wrote:

> Are the development-packages and the headers installed?

"libqt3-dev - Qt development files"     YES, they were.
"libqt3-headers - Qt3 header files"     NOW THESE ARE TOO.

Derek Broughton wrote:
>  if you want to use non-ubuntu software with Ubuntu,

non-ubuntu software?!!! I understand Ubuntu maintainers customize some
packages to work seamlessly here, but thought any Debianized software
could be installed without trouble!

> you need to figure out where it is going to look for these things.  Then either
> change the make file for OpenKiosk, or make symlinks from where it expects
> to find software to where you have it.

Now here I'm really going to have to learn Linux ways!
Could you guys give me some help with this?
I guess you'd prefer to point me to some How-To on editing make files.
What should I look for, in general, to change inside the configure
script?