ITE IDE Controller

Russell Cook bike_oz at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 17 11:08:10 UTC 2005

Fair comment, but one of the things I chose Ubuntu for is because I
don't have to compile kernels to make it work. I'm not complaining about
Ubuntu here, just that I'd like a loadable module so we don't need to
learn to compile kernels for fairly widespread controllers :-).

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 15:34 +0100, GyroTech wrote:

> Russell Cook wrote:
> > Hi Bernard,
> > give up at the moment :-(  I too have this controller and haven't found
> > a workable driver yet.  Let me knowif you do find one. Good luck
> >

> As I wrote in a previous email, if you compile your own driver with the
> ac patch, it has proper ide module for this chipset. I know because I'm
> running it for a large LVM file store partition.
>
> GyroTech

Kind Regards Russell
www.windsorcycles.com.au
sales at windsorcycles.com.au