getting start

Brian Walker bfwalker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 06:32:08 UTC 2005

On 8/17/05, Marc Wiriadisastra <strikeforce at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> I'm sorry I don't understand your question. The start menu is the
> footprint in the top left hand corner if thats what you mean.
>
> HTH
>
> Marc
> On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 22:06 -0700, jack zenphendel wrote:
> > i downloaded the software ubuntu 5.04 but i could not
> > get to the start menu. what is the command name that
> > i should type to get it start after i put the user
> > name and the password.
> > thank you

What do you mean by by "start menu"? Ubuntu 5.04 is downloaded as an .iso
file and burned to CD, then the computer rebooted with the CD in place, and
you are confronted by a series of screens which take you step by step
through the installation process. Then you are required to reboot (BTW your
name and password given initially are what you use to access all privileges
- there is no need to create a root account) and then you can complete the
software installation.

More details can be found at these areas:

http://www.ubuntu.com/
http://www.ubuntuguide.org/

HTH

Brian