NFS and shared folders problem

Inhabitant of Zion inhabitantofzion at eml.cc
Tue Aug 16 20:40:01 UTC 2005

Hi

> Try to mount the volume manually by using the command:
> "mount 10.0.1.100:/home/public /mnt" (replace 10.0.1.00 with the ip of
> the server), and tell us what's the output on the client and what's in
> the logs("tail -f /var/log/messages") on the server. Maybe the mount
> command takes some time, so don't be fooled by that.

Just to clarify before I load you with a load of useless data... when
you say server do you mean "the Server" as in the computer controlling
my whole network or do you mean the computer that is sharing the files.

I have a dark suspicion that I am doing a real ID10T thing here.

I am fairly sure my mitel-networks server is working and setup
correctly. Its at the client end I am having the problems I suspect.

I have a suspicion I am trying to set up my clients as servers and
wondering why nothing works right.

Cheers

--
  John Willby Registered Linux user number 321644
  ICQ: 92791912  MSN: sillydilly at spamcop.net
  Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti
  catapultas habebunt
 21:33:28 up 21:41,  2 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.03, 0.01