Compaq Presario (V2305CA) laptop and Ubuntu

tmilam ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue Aug 16 00:01:19 UTC 2005

I strongly encourage you to keep this notebook. All problems that you
are having are probably able to be fixed!I just got a similar model,
except this one has a turion.

I did alot of research before getting a notebook - fully intending to
run nothing but linux on it. The only reason we are having trouble in
the first place is because the hardware is still very new. Hang in
there and if I find anything new to make the hardware work better I'll
let you know. Surely there are others with this model notebook who need
help or can provide solutions as well.

Just out of curiousity what are you getting with glxgears? I know
glxgears isn't a good benchmark, but it is a good indication of how
well dri is working. I'm using vesa and getting around 260 FPS. Surely
the fglrx driver will run better.

--
tmilam