ITE IDE Controller

GyroTech gyrotech at freakinabox.com
Mon Aug 15 21:53:09 UTC 2005

Bernard Peek wrote:
> I have an ITE 8212 IDE controller in my 64-bit Hoary system. Can anyone
> give me any tips on finding a driver module for it?

I have the same chipset-based card in my machine (debian etch) and i had
a load of trouble with this. The semi-official module never properly
compiled and treated the ide as a scsi bus. A much much better way is to
compile your own kernel with the ac7 patch applied and it has modules
that access it as a proper ide device and everything :-)

Unfortunately, I didn't bookmark the couple of sites that gave a good
step-by-step walk through but a quick google reveals many more sites
that should be just as much help.

GyroTech