NFS and shared folders problem

Inhabitant of Zion inhabitantofzion at eml.cc
Mon Aug 15 21:53:49 UTC 2005

Hi

Thanks for offering to help... here goes.

> 1. What type of nfs-server? kernel or userspace?

Kernel

> 2. Give us a snapshot of your /etc/exports on the server.

# /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be
exported#		to NFS clients.  See exports(5).

/home/williamgates 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(rw,sync,insecure)
/home/public    192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0(rw,sync,insecure)

I did not have sync or insecure added but I added them. Still broken :-(

> 3. Give us a snapshot of your /etc/hosts.allow, /etc/hosts.deny.

/etc/hosts.deny

# /etc/hosts.deny: list of hosts that are _not_ allowed to access the
system.#                  See the manual pages hosts_access(5),
hosts_options(5)#                  and
/usr/doc/netbase/portmapper.txt.gz#
# Example:    ALL: some.host.name, .some.domain
#             ALL EXCEPT in.fingerd: other.host.name, .other.domain
#
# If you're going to protect the portmapper use the name "portmap" for
the# daemon name. Remember that you can only use the keyword "ALL" and
IP# addresses (NOT host or domain names) for the portmapper. See
portmap(8)# and /usr/doc/portmap/portmapper.txt.gz for further
information.#
# The PARANOID wildcard matches any host whose name does not match its
# address.

# You may wish to enable this to ensure any programs that don't
# validate looked up hostnames still leave understandable logs. In past
# versions of Debian this has been the default.
# ALL: PARANOID

portmap:ALL
lockd:ALL
mountd:ALL
rquotad:ALL
statd:ALL

/etc/hosts.allow

# /etc/hosts.allow: list of hosts that are allowed to access the system.
#                   See the manual pages hosts_access(5),
hosts_options(5)#                   and
/usr/doc/netbase/portmapper.txt.gz#
# Example:    ALL: LOCAL @some_netgroup
#             ALL: .foobar.edu EXCEPT terminalserver.foobar.edu
#
# If you're going to protect the portmapper use the name "portmap" for
the# daemon name. Remember that you can only use the keyword "ALL" and
IP# addresses (NOT host or domain names) for the portmapper, as well as
for# rpc.mountd (the NFS mount daemon). See portmap(8), rpc.mountd(8)
and # /usr/share/doc/portmap/portmapper.txt.gz for further information.
#

portmap: 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0

lockd: 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
mountd: 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
rquotad: 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
statd: 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0

My server is 192.169.0.1 not sure if I should allow that or not?
Hope this helps...

--
  John Willby Registered Linux user number 321644
  ICQ: 92791912  MSN: sillydilly at spamcop.net
  Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti
  catapultas habebunt
 22:29:44 up 1 day,  2:00,  3 users,  load average: 3.07, 3.04, 3.00