Graphics adapter

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Mon Aug 15 16:40:05 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 14:13 -0400, Tim Holmes wrote:
> Hi Folks:
>
> I have a student who is trying to set up Ubuntu on one of our machines
> here so that we can use it with blender and a cad program.
>
> However we have hit a problem,  we are stuck on 640 x 480 resolution on
> the display card.  We go into the gui and it will not allow us to change
> anything.  The video adapter is an INTEL 82865G graphics controller

If this is an "on-board" controller, then you may need to turn up the
amout of system memory allocated as video RAM in BIOS. You'll need to
reboot and press the 'delete' key or 'F1' or whatever your BIOS
specifies.

If you are using an actual video card plugged into a PCI or AGP slot,
then please disregard my suggestion.

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>