How to crypt whole ubuntu installation

Sebastian M=?ISO-8859-1?B?/A==?=sch sebastian at sebastian-muesch.de
Mon Aug 15 13:04:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

Once upon a time paul roeland wrote:
> Sebastian Müsch wrote:
>> Once upon a time VOJ wrote:
>>> Is it possible to crypt whole Ubuntu installation?
> Actually, you don't need to recompile the kernel.

Sorry. I didn't take a look at the 2.6.11-5 patches. You won't indeed not
need to patch the kernel, as the crypt loopdevice-driver is already patched.

> - plus some swap space, leave the rest of the disk unpartitioned

I won't use swap-space in a secure environment, buying some ram-modules
instead is the better way. If not please make sure it's encrypted!

Cu
Sebastian

--
        .:'