[Breezy] installer doesn't recognize my laptop SATA HDD

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 07:00:33 UTC 2005

On 8/14/05, Dennis Kaarsemaker <dennis at kaarsemaker.net> wrote:

> You mis-spelled the e-mail address :)

*bump* Yeah Dennis, I blame Gmail. The drop down options it presents
when you start typing an address have always worked in the past.
*shrug*

Regarding my issue, I'm starting to think the problem is the fact that
not only is the drive SATA, it's plugged into a RAID controller - on a
laptop. Sheesh. Going to a console during the install, I checked the
/dev directory for "hd*", "sd*", "md*". Perhaps I'll need to load some
extra modules if the drive and controller indeed present themselves as
part of a RAID array. Options in the BIOS are minimal - you can set it
to be part of either a RAID1 array or a RAID0 array - but not just a
regular IDE or SATA/SCSI drive.

Almost 18 hours of trying to figure this out and I'm pretty much at
the end of my technical knowledge. Advice anybody?

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu