NFS and shared folders problem

Inhabitant of Zion inhabitantofzion at eml.cc
Mon Aug 15 06:53:46 UTC 2005

Hi

I have a ID10T error I need to sort out.

I have messed up my network configuration trying to get it to work.

I have a home network consiting of a server, 3 Ubuntu machines, and a Winblows machine.

I have setup samba and had it working so the winblows box could log in to all the ubuntu machines and vice versa.

However I could not connect between ubuntu machines using samba and wanted to use NFS anyway.

So I set up nfs.

Basically i have a shared folder in /home called /public.

Anyway when I got into shared folders and select to share this folderwith NFS on my home network it causes shares admin to do a wobbler.

It stops working. From CLI I get:

williamgates at morpheus:~$ gksudo shares-admin
(shares-admin:860: GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocolsspecified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

After this the machine stops commicating on the network (it is no longer in the list of network servers.

I guess I need to find out what is being screwed up when i add a shared folder for NFS and where it is located.

If anybody can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

I am sure you should be able to share a folder over both nfs and samba? Right?

Anyway look forward to hearing what people can advise me on this

Cheers

John

--
  John Willby Registered Linux user number 321644
  ICQ: 92791912  MSN: sillydilly at spamcop.net
  Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti
  catapultas habebunt
 07:53:22 up 11:24,  3 users,  load average: 1.24, 1.49, 1.62