PCMCIA issue

aveline ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon Aug 15 02:45:36 UTC 2005

Ian K Wrote:
> Hi there.
> Im new to Ubuntu. I have a laptop, with a PCMCIA card (3com 589) and I
> _really_ need
> internet. How can I go about getting this card to work? I plug it into
> the laptop, and
> it beeps. How do I get this going?
> Thanks!
> Ian

I have a panasonic toughbook CF-71EY.  I had a xircom card in it and
it never worked properly...so I got a netgear FA511 card, iirc, and it
works perfectly.  The xircom gave me irq conflicts & god knows what
else for problems.  I have a 3com multi use card here too, it works
fine w/the modem in it.  http://www.blackbeauty.de/members/ergo.html
is the best page I've found for information about this laptop so far.

aveline

--
aveline