PCMCIA issue

janne jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Mon Aug 15 02:11:26 UTC 2005

sön 2005-08-14 klockan 19:53 +0000 skrev Ian K:
> janne wrote:
>

> >I have a Panasonic R3 with, I guess, the same PCMCIA controller (Ricoh
> >RL5c475). I have a lot of problems using it as well. If I put in a card
> >(a tv tuner card in my case) directly after booting, it works (I need to
> >manually load the driver with the right parameters for the card, but
> >that's only for this particular card). Once I have suspended the machine
> >and woken it up again it no longer works at all.
> >
> Can you walk me through the driver usage process?
> I just have a 3Com LAN card I need working.
> Thanks so much!!!!

As I said, that was particular to that specific card. Hoary does load
the right driver for me automatically, it's just that it sets the wrong
parameters for the card (the manufacturer isn't in the card database),
so I have to do that manually. According to your description, your
machine doesn't even try to load the driver, so it's not the same issue.

--
Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
Sweden: +46-31 360 7723               Dept. of Cognitive Science