PCMCIA issue

janne jan.moren at lucs.lu.se
Mon Aug 15 01:40:26 UTC 2005

sön 2005-08-14 klockan 19:33 +0000 skrev Ian K:
> Thank you very much for the reply.
> This laptop is a Panasonic Toughbook CF-37.
> Its slot is a Ricoh RL5C475.
> I installed everything off of the disc, but this computer
> has not had internet access for me to install anything else
> onto it. Thanks!

I have a Panasonic R3 with, I guess, the same PCMCIA controller (Ricoh
RL5c475). I have a lot of problems using it as well. If I put in a card
(a tv tuner card in my case) directly after booting, it works (I need to
manually load the driver with the right parameters for the card, but
that's only for this particular card). Once I have suspended the machine
and woken it up again it no longer works at all.

--
Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
Sweden: +46-31 360 7723               Dept. of Cognitive Science