Can't unmount cdrom

Rich Rudnick nickrud at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 15 00:40:18 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 19:27 -0500, Rich Rudnick wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-15 at 01:43 +0300, Audrius wrote:
> > I checked what processes are using the device. It was gam_server. Does
> > anyone know why this process was using my device?
> >
> gam_serv

memo to self: never mess around with things other people might see while
messing with mail transports :)

gam_server is the tool ubuntu is using to provide a 'file alteration
monitor' to nautilus. gam_server is what tells nautilus, for example,
that you've `touched` a file in a directory that is currently open as a
folder, so nautilus knows to redisplay the folder with the new content.