windows got me beat

Inhabitant of Zion inhabitantofzion at eml.cc
Sun Aug 14 21:16:26 UTC 2005

Hi

i am trying to set up my home network and I am still trying to get the
bugs out of it.

I've had to re-install all 3 machines running Ubuntu as I hit a dead
end with the previous problems I had with not being able to add shared
folders after upgrading using new repositories.

I can now see each computer from all the others on the network. I can
log into any of the Ubuntu machines from the token windows PC. I can
log into the windows PC from any of the Ubuntu machines.

What I can't do is log into any Ubuntu machine on the network from
another Ubuntu machine. They just don't seem to accept the login
details.

What on earth is the problem :-(

Anybody interested in helping me sort this out?

Anybody?

Windows 4 Linux 0

--
  John Willby Registered Linux user number 321644
  ICQ: 92791912  MSN: sillydilly at spamcop.net
  Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti
  catapultas habebunt
 22:09:18 up  1:40,  2 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.14, 0.39