xmms and beep-media-player do not play media files

Audrius foreverything at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 20:03:46 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've previously posted some questions about installations. Thanks
guys, I solved most of my problems... But as I move forward another
problems arise :)

After installing xmms and trying to play some file, the player
freezes. I have to kill that process in order I want to make it
disappear. I've tried to play both wav and mp3 files, same thing. It
allows me to load the files into the playlist. But here the useful
functionality of this player ends :)

The same is with beep-media-player.

In fact, rhythmbox plays both formats fine. Does anyone knows a
solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Audrius