Looking for more Unix Linux

Tom Adelstein tom.adelstein at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 07:04:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 00:09 -0500, Barry Young wrote:
> I really like Ubuntu, but I want to emulate Unix as closely as I can
> (Without the office and GUI etc).
>

> Any ideas which version of Linux would be the best?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Barry

UNIX comes in so many different varieties, I don't even call it UNIX
anymore. You have a number of operating systems from which to choose
including Solaris, AIX, IRIX, NCR, SCO, OSF, BSD, HP-UX etc.

Those systems differ significantly.

Please give us more specific details of what you want to do. What are
you wanting to accomplish without a GUI?

Tom